It’s September 7th.
I’m exhausted. Here’s what I’ve been doing this week:
- Kids are a week deep in school. My son’s allergies are in full swing – bloody nose and all. I’ve already explained to the school nurse that he’s totally fine, he’s not in any pain – it just looks like a crime scene from Dexter. On that note – I love that show but I’m not sure if they will ever get back to the glory days of The Ice Truck killer. I digress.
- I went to NYC twice this week. I took a picture each day because I felt like I was in Groundhog day (do you love that movie like I love that movie? Bing!). Same gray day. Same me. Almost same view trapped in a tower.
- I’m looking forward to two things: the weekend, and my Vanity Fair coming in the mail. Did you know there was a Scientology Dating process? Me neither. I’ll report back when I have all the vital info.
- One of the best things about going to NYC is that I get to read The New York Daily Post. Oh how I love that paper. None of that smart, fair reporting that other papers get stuck on. Just ridiculous headlines with a bias slant. Some of my recent favorites: “Headless Body found in Topless Bar”, Bradley Cooper movie review title, “Bradley’s Stupor”. “Forgive Me Father, For I Have Killed. A Priest Confesses”.
- Ended a Back-to-School night in the best way possible – at a bar. Thank the lord for non-judgemental mothers who don’t look at me with disgust when I suggest we have a drink after the teacher meetings. Ok – full disclosure – I actually wanted to skip the meeting but they made me go.