It’s crack o’ dawn here – and I have exactly 4.5 minutes to get this post done (although hours of love went into the thought, I promise you).
This week we’ve got 2 big events – one in Beantown (Boston) and one in Lala land (Los Angeles).
If you told me you were traveling – I’d ask you where you were going and why and blah blah blah. What I’d really want to know is….what did you pack?
Are you a devil-may-care, take just the essentials kinda person?
Or are you a when-i-lift-off-all-the-drugstores-in-the-world-will-disappear type?
I’m in between. I never worry about packing the right clothes. I tend to under pack. One pre-post event uniform (you know, black top/denim bottom). One event suit (black!). If there are multiple events, multiply the amounts. Done. One pair of shoes packed – only – ever.
Where I do go a bit bananas is the lotions and potions.
See below – I’ll explain:
- Shea butter – I have horribly dry desert skin (I almost wrote dessert skin, which would have also been true). Aside from the usual upkeep essentials (toothbrush, contact solution, etc.), I need my shea.
- Facial product: the multi delivery peels are essential. After an event, you’re amped, sometimes bloated and always exhausted. These babies make you look like a human the next day. ROC wrinkle cream hidden in a moisturizer, ’cause I’m old man. Real old.
- The 5 minute mask – ridiculous. Get it. Now.
- The Neutrogena scrubber thingie – the best. I know a ton of people are buying that Clarisonic one, but I like this one. You know why? It’s $20. It’s not $100.
- Biosilk hair oil. Sigh. It’s that small, clear bottle to the left of my Chanel bronzer. I’ll be writing a whole love letter/post on Biosilk soon.
- Chanel bronzer: I am not a product snob. I am open to it all! I think I’ve told you how I heart St. Ives. But this stuff. This is beautiful. Just the right touch of color and somethin’. I don’t know what – but it gives me some definition in an otherwise sea of fat cheek.
- Recent obbession that I hope to never kick – Lolla body products. This is the perfume. Lavender/Honey. Dreamy.
- It all gets packed in my small, neon green bag. You know how I love to wear black? Well my luggage is not allowed to wear black, or brown, or blue. When you’re standing at the baggage carosel of life, waiting for the 54th black bag to come off the plane while frantic people who don’t travel grab at every one, you quickly realize one thing. Get a bright, obnoxious bag that others will poo poo. Trust me, no one ever grabs for that little bag.
Ok – over and out. Say a prayer to all your gods for me – and for gods sakes tell me what you pack when you travel – please? – thank you.